Since its inception, Newton Legal has established itself as a market leader in the Corporate and Commercial practice area. Our firm understands the challenges faced by both public and private companies as they navigate an increasingly complex and regulated market.
The Newton Legal team has experience in advising on mergers and acquisitions, share transfer and purchase agreements, business transfers, joint ventures, sales agreements, and distribution and supply agreements. Members of the Newton Legal Team have also been retained by several Bahraini shareholding companies to act as corporate secretaries to their Board of Directors and general assemblies, and our team generally advise shareholding companies on corporate governance-related matters.
The firm was engaged as sole counsel for the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain in the supply of Covid-19 vaccines with numerous pharmaceutical companies. For their efforts, members of our team received HRH Prince Salman Bin Hamad Medal for Medical Merit. Newton Legal was also retained to advise nogaholding and Bapco on Neste Oil’s exit from the Bahrain Lube Base Oil Company joint venture. The Newton Legal team additionally advised Eurofins on their expansion into Bahrain and the acquisition of interest in an existing medical facility.
Awards and Recognition:
- HRH Prince Salman Bin Hamad Medal for Medical Merit awarded to Aamal Al Abbasi, our managing partner, and Maryam Kamal, a senior associate in Newton Legal.
- The Legal 500 (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) – Newton Legal obtained ‘Recommended Firm’ status and ranked under Tier 2 for the Corporate, Commercial, and M&A practice area.
- The Legal 500 (2022) – Newton Legal’s managing partner, Aamal Al Abbasi, was recognized as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ for the Corporate, Commercial, and M&A practice area.
- Chambers & Partners (2022) – Newton Legal ranked under Band 3 for the Corporate and Finance practice area.
- Chambers & Partners (2022) – Newton Legal’s founding partner, Joseph Huse, and managing partner, Aamal Al Abbasi were respectively recognized as ‘Eminent Practitioner’ and ‘Notable Practitioner’ for the Corporate and Finance practice area.
- Global Law Experts (2021) – Newton Legal’s managing partner, Aamal Al Abbasi, was recognized as a ‘Recommended Expert’ in the Commercial practice area within the Global Law Experts 2021 Handbook.