Newton Legal W.L.L, a company incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain (“Bahrain”), and registered under commercial registration number 118377-1, and NLG Limited, a branch of a foreign company, registered in Bahrain under commercial registration number 82546-1, (“we”, “us”, “our” or “NLG”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting our Website, you are accepting and consenting to the data protection practices described in this Policy. Therefore, we encourage you to read the following information carefully to better understand our approach to handling your personal information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect specific information about you at various stages of our business relationship. Information collection can occur when you contact us, when you request our legal services, when you formally engage us, and when you interact with our Website, this information includes:
- Basic personal details such as your name, employer(s), current employment status and contact information, as well as any other information you may submit when you fill out a form on our Website (e.g. the Careers, Start-ups and Contact Us forms);
- Technical information we collate through your usage of our Website or any third-party websites and services including your IP address, approximate location, browser details, user-agent string, operating system, URLs, device information, and traffic data, as well as more general data including the pages visited, time spent interacting with specific pages of our Website, links clicked, and search terms;
- Information we collect as a result of your interaction(s) and communications with third-party sources including websites, platform operators, information service providers, advertisers and public records. This includes information we collect from the third-party websites that integrate our Website, including our widgets, buttons, and advertising technology.
- Information we collect directly from you during the course of our engagement, and in your communications with us.
- Information we receive from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, and improve the quality of our Website. The table below lists the types of cookies used by our Website, their purpose, duration and whether they are administered by NLG or by third parties:
|TYPE OF COOKIES||PURPOSE||DURATION||ADMINISTRATION|
|User identification||These cookies are used to identify the user,they also contain abstracted technical data related to the user’s session including connection timeout, session identifier(s) etc.||30 days||NLG|
The information you provide us, if classified as confidential, will be protected and maintained in accordance with the laws of Bahrain, and our applicable professional obligations.
Unless we expressly agree to a lengthier data retention period with you, or a longer retention period is mandated or permitted by law, we will retain your personal data for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was initially collected.
We offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that allow you to share content from our Website through social media with third-parties. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third-parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g. LinkedIn).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Irrespective of how we have received your personal information, we will only process and use such information with your consent (if necessary), or if we require such information to: (1) provide the service(s) you have requested; (2) maintain and improve our Website; (3) enforce our Terms & Conditions; (4) communicate with you and keep you informed of any legal developments; (5) monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website; or (6) any other lawful basis or purpose for which your personal data was provided to us.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We will not share, distribute, copy or sell, any of our users’ personal information to third-parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- The disclosure of information is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- The disclosure of information is in response to an emergency, and considered necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- The disclosure of information is required to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- NLG or the majority of its assets are acquired by a third party;
- The sharing of information is between NLG, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- The disclosure of information is carried out with consent or at the users’ direction.
We may however share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you if permitted by law.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Bahrain. It may also be processed by service providers operating outside the EEA or Bahrain who we contract with to provide services on our behalf (including support services, and data storage facilities). The data protection laws outside the EEA or Bahrain may not be as comprehensive as those in the EEA or Bahrain. We will only transfer your personal data across borders in accordance with the laws, regulations, and relevant decisions in Bahrain, and with due consideration to the policies of the Personal Data Protection Authority (“PDPA”). Furthermore, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. By using our Services, you agree to our Policy, including the transfer, storage and processing of your personal data outside of the EEA and Bahrain.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We aim to protect your data from loss, alteration, and misuse. To that end, we have implemented reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures and safeguards. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who are required to know.
As a user of our Website, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. These choices include:
The majority of web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may opt to modify your browser settings to automatically remove or reject first and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could have an effect on the functionality of our Website.
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms, and we may provide additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and your ability to opt-out.
Do Not Track
The majority of modern web browsers allow you the option of sending a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this Policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
Our Website may contain links to external websites, applications and plug-ins. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection policies, and privacy statements of these external websites. We encourage you to read these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our Website and services are not directed at children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
We may amend this Policy from time to time to comply with the applicable legislation, regulations, and decisions in Bahrain. Where a material change is made, we will notify you in advance. Immaterial changes will be considered effective once an amended Policy is posted on our website. Please check back frequently to stay informed of any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you have any queries or comments relating to our approach to data protection, or any part of this Policy, please reach out to us using the contact details set out below:
Telephone: +973 1700 6571
Last updated: October 2022